Wholesale watermelons Supplier-Buy Watermelons in bulk
Are you looking for wholesale watermelon suppliers? FrutPlanet is a reliable supplier of fresh watermelons. We have fulfilled global and local orders for years while guaranteeing customer satisfaction. You can order our fresh watermelons by requesting a quote here!
The Ultimate Watermelon Suppliers
There are a dozen watermelon suppliers, but one of the leading companies is FrutPlanet Exporters. FrutPlanet supplies fresh watermelons globally and is the exporter of choice for many businesses worldwide, not by chance. We have designed our business model to be customer-centered. Here’s why you should work with us:
100% Customer Satisfaction: When you order watermelons in bulk, we stand by what we supply, unlike most suppliers. Our aim here at FrutPlanet is to meet your expectations.
Organic Farm Products: We are pioneers of organic farming methods in Kenya and beyond. That’s why we have made it our creed to partner with farmers who practice what we preach, organic farming.
You can order our watermelons in bulk by requesting a quote on our website. We guarantee you only quality products.
Watermelon Production in Kenya
Watermelon production is arguably one of the most popular farming ventures in Kenya. This fruit performs well in warm Kenyan regions with high rainfall. Watermelon production regions in Kenya include Machakos, Makueni, Coastal regions, etc. Most Kenyan farmers in Kenya are small-scale farmers. When you order watermelons for sale from FrutPlanet exporters, we source the products from these farmers and handle the logistics.
Types of Watermelon we Supply in Wholesale
There are four watermelon classes: seedless, picnic, icebox, and yellow/orange. The types of watermelons shouldn’t be mistaken for varieties:
- Seedless Watermelons: They were created in the 1990s, and the main aim was to get rid of the seeds while retaining freshness and taste. This type of watermelon requires different farming attention but is still grown in Kenya.
- Picnic Watermelons: This type of watermelon is known for being large and fit for a picnic gathering.
- Icebox Watermelons: This type of watermelon is small and was first introduced in the 1950s. They are best for small families.
- Yellow/ Orange Watermelons: This classification of watermelons has yellow or orange-coloured flesh. In addition, they can be seeded or seedless.
Irrespective of the type of watermelon you want to export, FrutPlanet can help. We source from small-scale farmers in Kenya, package, and deliver to you, covering all the logistics. Order watermelons for sale from FrutPlanet by requesting a quote today.
Watermelon production in Kenya is taking shape as more farmers venture. Consequently, watermelon varieties grown in Kenya have increased. Currently, there are over ten watermelons for sale varieties that are grown in Kenya. They Include:
- Sukari F1: This watermelon variety is the sweetest in the Kenyan Market and takes about 80 days to germinate. Kenyan farmers love it because its shell is hard and pest resistant.
- Sugar Baby: It takes 75 days to mature and weighs 5 kgs max. This watermelon variety is small in size with bright red flesh.
- Sweet Rose F1: This watermelon variety maturity is optimum at 100 days. The fruit weighs 10 to 15kgs, and its flesh is red.
- Zuri F1: Zuri watermelon variety has a dark green shell, and crimson is dark red. It is one of the most common watermelon varieties in Kenya.
- Carolina Cross is the biggest watermelon in the world and weighs north of 100Kgs. The world’s biggest watermelon variety joined the Guinness World Record after weighing 159Kgs. The fruit is not commonly grown in Kenya due to usual issues like transportation and shelflife.
Other watermelon varieties in Kenya include Asali F1, Congo, Moon and Star, Golden Midget, Early Scarlet F1, and more. FrutPlanet is a leading watermelon exporter in Kenya, and we can help you export any watermelon variety. You can buy watermelon online from our website by requesting a quote.
Health benefits of watermelons
Watermelon is a sweet and juicy fruit with enormous health benefits. Watermelon is rich in nutrients such as antioxidants and vitamins A and C. Apart from quenching your thirst, other watermelon benefits include:
- Lowers the risk of prostate and colorectal cancer.
- Promotes the removal of damaged cells in the body.
- Reduces cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.
- Protects the joints from inflammation.
- Aids in Skin Health.
Watermelon Exporting Countries
The world’s biggest exporter of watermelon is Spain, seconded by Morocco. Other major watermelon exporting countries include Iran, the United States of America, Mexico, the Netherlands, and Kenya.
How to Buy Watermelons in Bulk
Are you wondering how to buy watermelons for sale online? You can buy by requesting a quote from FrutPlanet. We handle bulk watermelon orders for our international clients by sourcing, sorting, packaging, and delivering. We will take care of all the logistics until the bulk watermelon for sale is delivered. How do we inspect the watermelon?
The most conspicuous feature to observe is the watermelon shell. A ripe watermelon should have a thick rind. But how do you inspect a watermelon? Our team thumps or pressures the watermelon shell with the hands to check if it’s ripe. A ripe watermelon is hard and produces a deep solid sound. Overripe melons have a soft shell and hollow sound because the fibre attaching the fresh has relaxed. Our other selection factors include inspecting the watermelon’s shape and weight.
Watermelon Wholesale Price
The prices of watermelon are at a constant increase trajectory. The 2022 wholesale price of watermelon per kg is $1.oo. The price in 2019 was $0.7 per kg but lowered in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID restrictions.
Kenya mainly exports watermelons to Qatar and other United Arabs Emirate countries. Over 85% of total watermelon exports are destined for the Arabs Emirates.
Watermelon Export Packing
Our watermelons are of guaranteed quality. We achieve this by keeping our process rigorous and deploying the best sourcing experts.
We grade watermelons strictly through sizes and other external factors. Our first sorting stage identifies external appearances such as symmetry, uniformity, colour distribution, scars, sunburn, etc.
The frutPlanet team transports the sorted fruits to our packhouse in large carton boxes stacked with grasses to prevent bruising the fruit’s skin, which could lower the shelf life.
Once at our packhouse, our FrutPlanet team cleans and disinfects the fruits by washing them. Our watermelon export packing is in two ways: cross border or stacking. Cross border method involves having a large fibreboard divided into compartments for individual ripe watermelons. Stacking involves putting the ripe watermelons in one big carton together.
Our watermelon export packing methods withstands rough handling, compression, vibration, and temperature shifts during transit. We transport the fruits via air to ensure delivery is within 2 to 4 days after packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ripe Watermelons
What Is The Cost Of 1 Kg Watermelon?
The cost of 1kg watermelon is $1.00 in 2022 for exports. The watermelon price in Kenya ranges between KES 85 and KES 130 per kilogram.
Who is the largest Supplier of watermelon?
The world’s largest exporter of watermelon is Spain, seconded by Morocco. The largest exporter of watermelon in Kenya is FrutPlanet. We handle bulk orders and export quality watermelons globally.